Hi Shaun,

Actually, that is changing. USA Games, Draconis Entertainment, and
Blastbay Studios no longer are developing legacy software and are
developing for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and the soon to
be released Windows 8. As BGT was designed for a modern operating
system anyone who buys it and uses it for game production is
automatically creating games for XP and later. So there isn't a great
deal of legacy support in modern audio game development.

Oh, sure GMA is still developing games in VB 6 as well as Jim Kitchen.
However, neither developer has to spend extra time on legacy support
simply because that's the way VB 6 is. It was designed for Windows
95/98 to begin with. Plus GMA has the GMA Engine, and Jim Kitchen
mentioned copying and pasting code from one project to another to
quickly get a new game started. So legacy support for them isn't a big
deal. Its actually supporting newr ops like Windows 7 and Windows 8
correctly that is their bigger problem.

Cheers!