From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Kai
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 11:37 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] my thoughts on swamp multy player.

I've already submitted environmental / atmospheric sounds, but as it's very
much an alpha project, I'm sure Jeremy's got that further down the list.

I don't know how you guys manage to stay alive so long, since I can never
find enough ammo or weapons to keep me gunning, which forces me to the axe,
which inevitably means death by zombie.

I've said as much on the audio game sforum, but I think f and g for
scrolling through weapons is... ok. My problem is selecting the weapon, then
having to reach across the keyboard with my left hand to put it into play.
That's not to say another method of selecting weapons wouldn't be welcome,
just that if f and g ar eintended to remain, then auto selection would
probably be nice. Even with number row selection, though, the scroll wheel
approach would still be nice for switching weapons on the mouse.

It'd be useful if f and g scrolled through and automatically made weapons
active. These functions could then be tied to a mouse's scroll wheel, and
pressing down on the scroll wheel would then reload the current weapon.

Medkits and other items could be scrolled through with  t and y or shift f
and shift g, for instance.

The enter key would then be freed up for uses such as interacting with
in-game objects, such as doors, buttons, etc.

I also think the beacon should sound at a lower pitch when its behind you,
as I often have difficulty figuring out if I'm even walking towards the
bloody thing. It also takes forever for it to sound if you're far away.
Perhaps that time delay could be maxed out at 2 seconds. I know, could get
annoying, but my theory is that if you've a beacon on, you're trying to find
a place. You can always turn it off.

Likewise for zombie sounds. They seem to wait fairly long in between growls.

I either need to make them longer, or they need to sound sooner.

Item generation seems extremely low to me, perhaps because other players
keep beating me to them, but more likely that it's just fairly low. It'd be
nneat to have zombies randomly drop clips and medkits, leaving weapons and
other items to corpses.

There's probably a few other suggestions I've forgotten, but there you have
it.

Kai