Dakotah, I will add the single player back into the game in a future update.
I'm not sure that it will be in the very next update though, since I'm still
trying to weed out a few multiplayer issues and it is easier to do while I'm
still keeping them both separate.

The server is a dedicated server that is also running Castaways multiplayer.
It is currently being supported by people's donations and I'm happy to say that
it is already funded until late January by generous members of the community.
Because the same server hosts both Castaways and Swamp, it's great to know the
money is being stretched farther.  I have 1 more multiplayer game in
development that I will also be running on it.  After that it will probably
start requiring some creative tweaking in order to fit additional games on it,
but that's a bridge we will cross when we come to it.

Would people be interested in hosting their own servers for LAN parties or
private matches with friends?  I would have no problem releasing server
software that would allow others to connect together on their own private
servers.  Of course you'd need to understand how to forward ports, if everyone
wasn't on the same LAN.  I can already see that such a feature would have
people asking for a map editor, but honestly I don't have any plans for one at
this time.  The maps for this game are quite involved and I don't know how I
would handle it with audio.

I'm very glad you're enjoying the game!  :D