The safe zone is currently a place where you can leave your character if you
need to leave the computer and do not wish to be killed and start over.  I
believe this was first suggested by someone who hated the fear of death
whenever he had to run to the bathroom.  That sound funny, haha.

There are 2 NPC (non-player characters) standing on either side of the
building's doorway, who will mow down any zombies who try to get in.

I plan to expand upon the safe zone so that it functions more like a common
base for everyone.  The multiplayer missions will be based here, as well as a
way to drop off weapons and ammo so that others can pick them up to use.  I'm
also considering a system to track everyone's stats, as long as you exit the
game from within the safe zone.  This prevents people from quickly pressing
escape just before being slaughtered by a zombie mob and still having their
stats saved.  The details are sketchy still.

The Zombie types are Normal, Canine, Giant, Tyrant, Stalker, Matriarch, and
Reaper.  The Canines are fast but weak.  The Normals, Stalkers, and Matriarchs
are medium health.  The Reaper is stronger than a normal zombie, and a bit
faster also.  The Giant zombies are very strong, but the Tyrants are the brutes
to fear the most.  They are twice as strong as Giant zombies.

I like your idea for a repeat message button.  I've written it down so I
remember to put it into the next update.