I was wondering if someone could help with this.

It occurred to me that with what Tom said about how direct x 10 was essentially
the same as 8 apart from it's graphics handling, This bug that prevents the
finder from speaking on Airik the clerric when run on windows xp could be
because the people running xp who've tried it (myself included), have versions
of direct x earlier than 10. Airik does afterall use a graphical framework for
the games' objects (though with invisible graphics, yes, this is odd but it's
the way the games' been designed).

Is there a way to check what version of direct x I'm running?

I've checked in add/remove programs and windows components, but there was
nothing there. I also tried typing directx into windows run box, but that just
lead me into the directx folder in system32.

Is there a way to check my version of direct x? And if it is wrong, will direct
x 10 even run on windows xp.

Any thoughts?

Beware the Grue!