Hi Dark,

That's because DirectX 10, IE Direct3D 10, was never officially
released for Windows XP.  Same for DirectX 11 components like Direct3D
11. They specifically require Windows Vista or higher to run.

As for DirectX 9.0C the version number is a bit of a misnomer. It
actually contains a mixture of 8, 9, 10, and 11 components. For
instance, XAudio2--the new audio API for Vista/Win 7--is included in
newer versions of DirectX 9.0C for older operating systems like XP and
Win 2000. So just because it says it is 9.0C doesn't mean that's the
only components in the installer. It just means that Direct3D 10 and
Direct3D 11 are not included for reasons mentioned above. So in
reality the only major difference between DirectX 9.0C, 10, and 11 is
the version of Direct3D that ships with that particular version of
DirectX. All the rest of the components are basically the same.

Cheers!