Hello Dark and List,

I hope this will be of some use. First of all finding this zip file
was not easy. It's 27 mb in size and here's the link I got it from,
although it's advert and frames and was a refreshing nightmare, I
don't recommend it.

http://www.freedownloadsplace.com/DirectX-Download-16006.htm

To spare others the pain I went through, I put it in my public dropbox
folder. Here's that link, you can get the file from me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10826756/DirectX10_RC2_Fix_3-Pre-Final.zip

Now for the report. My xpsp3 vm was running DirectX 9.0C prior to this
install, it's now running 10, I did the install didn't get any errors
or warnings or anything. You've got several things in this archive,
one being a file dotnetfx.rar, that's a rar archive of dotnet
version2, which you can get and probably do have from Windows update.
The preview folder I'm not sure what those are, but extract them and
you'll have a folder with a bunch of .dll files and a readme.txt file
that tells you where to put the dlls, I'm sure they're probably some
libraries needed, I dropped them in to where they need to go in
c:\windows\system32. The other folder in the zip archive is the actual
file itself the dx10 when extracted.

Hth
Dave.