I've really liked the idea of adding some kind of sniper rifle in to the game,
so odds are it probably will be.  As everyone can probably imagine, the game
requires development on several fronts so it is difficult for me to spread my
efforts out evenly, or in the ways people might prefer.

There is a fairly good group of guns right now, so even though I plan to add
more I am probably going to move my focus more in to multiplayer missions and
such.  Some people are still really wanting me to develop the single player,
but like I said, it's a balancing act and I can't work on all parts at the same
time.

I want to have the safe zone become a place where you can turn in weapons and
ammo you don't really need, or pick up things that you do.  This would let
people share to some degree.  Because weapons are being saved now, my eventual
plan will be to drastically lower the weapon drops, and possibly introduce ways
they can be broken, lost, or destroyed.  As it stands now, everyone fairly
quickly gathers each weapon type and is pretty much set from that point
forward.  Sharing would be totally useless under the current system.

Multiplayer missions will be launched from the safe zone as well.  The 2 types
of missions I have planned first are going to be rescue and retrieve.  In
rescue, computer controlled people will be scattered around the map in hiding
places.  You will locate them, use voice chat to tell them to follow you, and
then lead them back to the safe zone.  I'm hoping to add in a little bit of
story to make it more entertaining when you're asked to go find someone to lead
them to the base.  Retrieval missions will be centered around the idea that
your town's little makeshift fort needs supplies to keep everyone alive.
Perhaps a mission will send you looking for gas canisters from the gas station,
canned goods from aisle 7 of the Kai-Mart, or flashlights from the hardware
store.  You'll go out to pick up those items, and then transport them back to
the safe zone to get your next mission.

Once the missions are in place, I am considering a few more AI improvements for
the zombies.  I'll keep those to myself for now though.