Hi Dark,

Only some of the newer DirectX components like XAudio, Xaudio2, and
XInput will run on Windows XP. All of the graphical components like
Direct3D 10 and Direct3D 11 require Windows Vista or Windows 7. The
latest version of DirectX that will run on Windows XP is June 2010.
Its a mixture of DirectX 9, 10, and 11 components compatible with XP,
Vista, and Windows 7.However, as I said Direct3D 10 and Direct3D 11
will not run on XP. Its too old. If you are worried your DirectX is
out of date I suggest going to
http://www.microsoft.com/directx/
and get the web installer for DirectX 9.0c (June 2010) which will
upgrade whatever components it can that are out of date.

Cheers!