I frankly disagree strongly with zombies getting firearms. I know that
we're not using Zombies Survivor's Guide, book available on request,
but a coordinated zombie is not something I can imagine. It's a dead
body, slowly rotting away, controlled via magic or a virus that turns
it into a clumsy, walking, eating machine.

However, I do rather enjoy the pack mentality idea. I don't think it'd
be too hard to implement the idea, just have it such that zombies
track zombies, and once the pack is too large or cumbersome, they
split in half. That part might be complicated, but even wwithout that
part, if the different zombies had different tracking abilities,
different reaction threshholds, then there would be little roving
packs as opposed to roving units. I like it.

As for the chat, please don't get rid of it. First of all, I've been
on all sorts of chat things with headset chat. The amount of extra
work on the server and client both is staggering. Second, they usually
get too rowdy or rude to make good use of. I've been urged by people
to look at ... crap, I can't remember the chat program, but it's one
of the teamchat progs out there, teamspeak or teamtalk or something on
that order. That's a viable, separate option for those with internet
speeds that can support it, but integrating vocal chat into the game
would make things messy.

Also, one thing that I'd like to see is a sound that indicates you've
sent a chat message. I don't mean a local sound, I mean a locatable,
world based sound, something like the radio reception sound, only
different enough to allow you to know that the person you're hearing
shoot is indeed the one who just made a chat comment. That'd make
locating people a lot easier, too.

Finally, I don't know what the limit is on zombie spawns. I don't know
if its actually 75 or if that's just a number that got tossed out
somewhere. If it's 75, then there's probably good reason for it.
frankly, if the limit could be upped a bit, that'd be great. If it
can't, I completely understand that. It's just that fighting hundreds
is neat and makes it a litle harder to survive.

Deleting progress.ini does not delete your serverside saves. I
actually don't even know what's in it, except for a couple of
preferences. I thought long and hard about the suggestion that death
be permanent, that is dying loses you all your equipment, kills, etc.
That's going back to the old way and pretty much eliminates the need
for a safe zone, except if you stay alive, facing hundreds of undead,
for a long enough time that you want to quit. Now, I know some will. I
have two characters right now, and I stay alive with both. i haven't
died in a good while. But when Jeremy implements several guns, better
and worse, and reputation points and such, I think that death would
become a real inconvenience that doesn't add much to the game. I
think, rather, that lowering health should do something to you.
Consider slower walk/run speed, poor aim, poor firing, poor reload
speed, etc.

There's also another thing I'd like to add that wasn't touched on.
That is switch time. Now, imagine that you're walking around with a
submachine gun in hand. that's a smallish weapon, but still enough for
two handed use to be best and often necessary for accuracy. Suddenly,
you realize that there's a close zombie so you whip out your shotgun
and begin firing. Now, I know that a lot of shooters could care less
about switch time, but I suggest that Swamp isn't most shooters. I
loved the bug that meant you had to reload on switch, only because you
actually were simulating putting the weapon away to grab another. I'm
not going to go into the problem of having four rifle length weapons
in your inventory and managing that all. I'm not that nitpicky,
although it is something that might be considered by someoen else
later. However, considering switch time at least might make the game a
little more difficult, what with running out and choosing between
reloading and switching.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard