Hi Dark,

Yeah, I understand that to a point. I use to play various games when I
was younger with cheat codes too, but I realised at some point the
reason I was losing interest in said games is because the cheats took
away the replay value and fun of the game.

For instance, I might have been playing Star Wars: Dark Forces and use
the invincibility cheat. In one way it was amusing to throw a thermal
detonator and stand by it while it explodes, killing all the storm
troopers and not get a scratch. On the other hand there was no
challenge taking out the dark troopers when I could unload unlimited
ammo into them and not take a scratch no matter what they hit me with.
it got quite boring after a while and I lost interest in the game. At
least until I played it without cheats and was forced to develop
strategies to fight the various enemies on a even playing field so to
speak. It made me think and plan through my moves carefully rather
than walk into a room blasters blazing without worrying about my
health.

As for the people who don't get into the roll playing game's story
I've seen those too. I think part of the problem there is that video
games have dulled or reduced some people's sense of creativity and
they play a table top game as they would a video game making the
storyline and characters secondary to completing the game with this or
that max skills. As for myself I take care in creating my custom
character as it makes the game more fun having an alternative identity
and strengths and weaknesses to deal with. I think that a lot of these
gamers forget nobody is perfect, even a game character, and he/she
must have weaknesses as well as strengths.

For instance, let's assume the person is playing the DC Universe RPG
game. Superman is undoubtedly the most powerful hero in the game.
However, if you are a bad guy and whip out some Kryptonite Superman is
hosed. That weakness makes it possible for human criminals like Lex
Luther, the Joker, Dr. Light, etc to even the odds of landing serious
damage during an attack roll. Some roll playing gamers forget the need
to build in some of these weaknesses when creating a character.

Cheers!