MOTA doesn't really use that much cpu as is, though this may just be my machine. I've got games (gtc and toc to name the ones that come to mind) that blow straight through one of my cores even idling. As far as ram goes, unless somebody has a really old xp machine, you could do a lot more than the game is now without affecting them.

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:23:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Possible MOTA Features

Hi,

Actually, doing it this way would probably be a lot better on over all system performance simply because the game is accessing an existing
speech service. Sapi, for example, doesn't take up that much ram
unless you are using one of the higher quality voices like Ivona Amy, Bryan, Kendra, etc but even then it is better than loading x number of *.wav files into memory for speech output. It will both save on CPU power and memory. I can't see how this would do anything but improve
matters for the better.

As for 64-bit that isn't really a big issue. Yes, some 32-bit Sapi voices don't play well with 64-bit versions of Windows, but there are
other alternatives like switching over to your screen reader for
speech output instead. So regardless if you are using Vocalizer,
RealSpeak, Eloquence, Dectalk Access, whatever you can just tset that
up to be the default TTS engine instead via your screen reader.

Well it depends what your cpu and memmory requirements are.
i have high quality voices now, with my core2 and 2gb ram on xp it
works but yeah things are a bit slower.
On the newer systems the i series i3 and up there shouldn't be any problem.
Not sure how 64 bit oses would effect as I have only had 32 bit
experience and it looks good.
Using something like espeak though robotic that it is would still be
ok its clear enough.