Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately the donations do not work that way. They are purely for support purposes, rather than part of a future game sale. I would have to start taking manual orders in order to accomplish that, calculating how much each person had paid in advance and then sending them an invoice, wait for payment and then finally generate a key by hand. The automatic ordering system handles all this for me behind the scenes with fixed prices, so I'll have to stick to that. Donations are if you want to help fund the game's development etc independent of actual product sales.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] My decision on Perilous Hearts preorders, and a surprise!

Hi Philip,

Well, for what its worth I strongly feel you are making the right
decision here. Not taking preorders until you are ready to sell the
game or have it the way you want it will save you a lot of stress and
headaches in the long run. As you pointed out you might be able to
release a product on a specific date, but as you pointed out it won't
necessarily turn out exactly the way you personally want it too
because you may wind up cutting corners, rush certain aspects,
whatever to meet your deadline which isn't what we the customers want
to see happen to such a promising game. So I say take as long as you
need. :D

Now, I've got a question. If I donated say $10 or $15 towards the
development of the game would those donations count towards a purchase
of the game such as $10 or $15 off the retail price?

Cheers!

Hi all!

After very careful concideration and a lot of debating with myself back and
forth, I have finally decided not to accept preorders for the game. For a
product like BGT it is okay, because the point at which the product can be
considered finished is a lot more vague. With a game like Perilous Hearts,
however, I want to spend as much time as is needed in order to make the game
the very best that it can be, and therefore I don't want to set a deadline
even if it is far in the future as, while i'll certainly release something
by that date to honor my contract, I may not release what I wanted
personally. So for this reason, I have decided not to do it.

However, to thank all of those who gave me support, I have decided to
release a concept demo of the game to wet your apetite even further. This
concept demo contains the first two levels of the game, as well as the
store. It can be found at:

http://www.blastbay.com/perilous_hearts_concept_demo.exe

It still uses Microsoft Sapi, but the final production certainly will not.
So I hope you can live with it for the time being!

For those of you who feel the game is worth it, I would be very happy to
accept donations for its development. I do not have a special donation page
for the game, however my other website banterbay.com has such a page which
allows you to send money to Blastbay Studios. So while the receipt will say
BanterBay donation, I will know that the donation is for Perilous Hearts
rather than Banterbay. This page is available at:
http://www.banterbay.com/donate.php

The money goes into the same PayPal account as I use when buying resources
for the game, so you can be sure it goes to the right place.

Let me know what you think of the game, report problems and, above all, have
fun!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall