Hi,

Yes, while something like a standard flight sim might be considered
boring by some there are certainly aspects that make them interesting
to play. Besides the real world challenges you mentioned below like
real life weather conditions a lot of sighted players enjoy the
background scenery and visual effects offered by Microsoft Flight
Simulator. While no spoken feedback can quite convey the same thing as
seeing it I could see an accessible flight sim have a co-pilot that
ocationally describes where you are and what is on the ground.

"Attention, ladies and gentlemen, if you look off to the right you can
see the Statue of Liberty come into view as we make our way to John F.
Kenidy Airport. She stands 100 feet tall, and is still holding the
torch of freedom up high for all to see."

Something like that would make a flight simulator interesting and add
some of the feedback sighted pilots see when flying FSX and other
flight simulators. It merely means the developer has to get creative
and attempt to convert the visual into something accessible we can
enjoy as well. I personally don't think it would be boring if a game
had such a feature as my co-pilot could describe things as we passed
them in flight. toss in a few historical facts or trivia as well and
the game might even be educational too.

Cheers!