Hi tom.

while I completely understand why you might well be sick of side scrollers (indeed having worked on the same phd thesis for five years I can very much! understand), I will say I'd think it a shame if you completely rewrote and changed the project around now.

I don't have anything against 3D and would like to see a 3D tomb hunter game eventually myself, however the Mota betas have! actually been good, sinse they've done things that audio side scrollers haven't before.

Puzles, true 2D exploration, it's deffinately there, and while I know perilous hearts is going somewhere in the same direction with the 2D, in many ways it's a different game, ---- for instance i doubt there will be any mazes in that game let alone swimming or torch usage.

Even if you just didn't change a thing, created a few more levels with different layout along the lines of the current beta's, the game would be more than passable, and myself I have confidence in your abilities that more would be added, ---- I remember all the ideas you were discussing for the castlevania type side scroller last halloween for example.

So, while I wouldn't mind a 3D game, to me it would lose a lot of the ground mota has already gained, and the chance to do some unique stuff in audio.

No, you can't have a 3D puzle, but there hasn't yet been a tyles puzle in an audio game. nor timed switch door events, pressure pads to be jumped or even just exploration of a vertical maze in 2D.

as I said if you really just want to create a 3D game and forget side scrollers, ---- well I'll look forward to playing it, but I stil think we'd miss out on something in the process, not the least seeing the engine you've worked so hard on in action in a propper game.

Beware the grue!