I see what you're saying dark. But I still have to disagree to an extent.
The majority of mainstream games these days are first person perspective games
rather than 2-D side Scrollers.
Therefore to say that we're much further behind on 2-D games is like saying we
much further behind on the games from the 80s but closer to the games of today.
Surely we want to be even closer to modern games. So these other games we
should be focusing on.
Also Tom is surely going to create more games in the future. So whatever his
first game is, afterwards he will be able to work on other games like possibly
a good side scroller.
I am not totally against side scrollers at all. I remember playing super Mario
all-stars when I was younger, which was one of the few games mainstream that is
that I could play by myself because of the easy bright coloured graphics.
I would love a game like this.
As I have said before what I really believe is that Thomas should create a game
that he once, because that way he will be able to put much more of his heart
and imagination into it.
Richard

Sent from my iPhone