Hi Thomas,

Personally, in my opinion, do what your heart tells you to do for this game. I do not care whether Mysteries Of The ancients is a side scroler or not, I only care about the replay value in the next release of Mota that you will be giving to us. So if you want to do an FPS version of the game, do so, and if you want to do a side scroller of the game, do so. One way or another, I do not care whether it is a side scroller or an fps version. I will be supporting you in which ever decision you have chosen for the game in the future. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients News

Hi Bryan,

Yeah, I know what you mean. As for myself I think I've pretty much
decided to just go ahead and write MOTA the way I want to and suffer
the consiquenses later, because no matter what I do or not do I can't
please everyone. As a result I suddenly feel much better, more relaxed
about this project, and am once again looking forward to working on
it.

Just last night while drinking beer and watching the New Years
specials I put together a simple 3d level and began moving around
testing out the G3D engine in full 3d mode. There were a few bugs, of
course, but they are nothing major.  The point is though I noticed I
had so much personal fun jumping up onto ledges, leaping over fire
pits to grab a ledge on the other side and pulling myself up to the
golden statue that I thought I was playing Tomb Raider and not one of
my own creations. It was great. It has litterally breathed new life
into the game.

As for the side-scroller issue I'll probably write some side-scrollers
in the future. I know that the community is pretty split on this issue
and it just makes sense from a business point of view to offer some
games of  of each type. Although, I think Perilous hearts will
definitely give people some idea of what many mainstream
side-scrollers are like as its got good acting, sounds, and I can tell
from the demo there is some use of the 2d environment over and above
games like Q9.

Cheers!