From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Kai
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 8:01 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The Dragon Answers Questions

Greetings.

While I definitely understand and can appreciate the value of a demo,
remember that tons of mainstream games never have demos. they're sold on
physical media, typically cost upwards of 50 dollars, and yet, they're
making a killing in profits. I think the audio gaming community's just been
spoiled by demos in the past, so can'tt countance the idea of trying a game
on pure faith based off of trailers and word of mouth.

I buy a lot of games for my Playstation, and have never complained that
there wasn't a playable demo for me to gauge its effectiveness. Sure,
sometimes you find games that cost way more than they deserve, or that
completely fail to impress altogether, but this is the deal with products
all across the board. Ever bought a pie to discover you hated the filling?
Imagine the cost of food if stores were required to have samples of every
item you wanted to purchase.

Myself, I'd rather the developer devote fully to making the product, rather
than forcing him to make a product, plus a crippled offshoot.

Kai