Hi Josh,

well, I think you have to differentiate between complaints about changes and real concerns. If someone complains about changed game music, well that's just a complaint and a matter of taste maybe. But I think on the demo topic it's not so much that losing demos would be a change, but that this change would keep quite a few people from buying your games. You can take this feedback seriously and make something about it, or you simply can say that you don't care and stop offering demos. Yes, there are people who complain about every change, but there also are people who have good reasons for the things they say. And to be honest, I really don't like it to be put with these ever complaining folks who have nothing better to do in live. I gave reason for my arguments after all, more reason than just that I don't like it at least.

Besides, there even are mainstream games who offer demos, mostly the independant game developers you mentioned do that. And that's because they wouldn't get so many sales without one, because they are not so widely known as the big companys like Sony etc. are. That's where their sales come from, people try their demos, like the game and buy the full version. Even some big and established companys offer public betas, test builds or sometimes even demos before they release the full game. And I think it doesn't hurt them and that this is a good strategy.

Best regards
Sarah