I second. The problem is aggression and trying to impose one's agenda, and whether you are male, female, M2F transgender or F2M transgender, you can be aggressive and disruptive. (And I've been on a couple all women lists over the years where M2F transgenders were very aggressive, condescending and disruptive.) I don't see any agreement with Ms. Hale's proposal and I think we need to drop it.

On 3/16/2011 7:01 PM, Béria Lima wrote:
I completely agree with Fluffy.
_____
/Béria Lima/
Wikimedia Portugal <http://wikimedia.pt>
(351) 963 953 042

/Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. É isso o que estamos a fazer./


2011/3/16 ChaoticFluffy <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>

    I also don't have a problem with Erik's POV in particular. My
    views on this topic are basically that:

    1) Yes, some of the men here are being excessively strident and
    dismissive in a lot of cases
    2) Yes, I feel less inclined to speak my mind because I know that
    I'm going to have to defend every point I make from three or four
    men telling me how it's not a problem
    3) No, I don't think the solution is to fork the list. We have to
    function with men onwiki, there's no reason to kick them off here
    4) I'm not sure how moderation could be used effectively other
    than to have moderators speak to people who are overly dismissive.
    Having a moderator approve all posts seems excessive, but I would
    support, say, an X-strikes-you're-out policy regarding belittling
    or dismissive behavior
    5) I don't think it's constructive to require the men to justify
    themselves to us or the list. If they're here, they're here
    because they want to work on the gender gap. That said...
    6) I don't know how many more ways we women can tell you guys that
    some of you are coming across as obnoxious. I'm sorry if that
    offends you (mostly because I'm a woman and I've been trained to
    be sorry if I offend people, hey look how that works), but YOU
    ARE. Please accept that this is happening, it's making the women
    unhappy, and we'd like you to think before you speak from now on.
    7) Please do NOT immediately protest that you feel like the mean
    feminist women are trying to oppress you by telling you all this.
    Feel like we're snap-judging your statements? Feel like we're
    treating you as your gender rather than yourself, and unfairly so?
    Feel like we're just not listening to the points you're trying to
    make? WELCOME TO OUR WORLD AS WOMEN.

    -Fluff



_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to