On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 16:10, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I was leafing through my copy of "A Pattern Language" by Alexander,
> Ishikawa and Silverstein, which is really about architecture of human
> habitat (buildings and environs), and ran across some interesting
> assertions about society and groups.

good book.

> The summary for me is that I think that the Apache sub communities are
> valuable, and should be kept.

ok.

I guess thats one reading of it but if anything the snippets you provided
seem to me to encourage merging of XML and jakarta if anything ;)

Effectively XML/Jakarta would become a single city with a mosaic of
subcultures. Already we have different sub-cultures which are effectively
defined by the committers - when a committer is a member of multiple projects
they tend to imbue the projects with their own "culture".

However I guess you were trying to support the exact opposit view so I will
shut up now ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete