Folks,

*Context*

To remind you, I am a committer on Avalon and Commons with intersts in
anything that uses avalon-phoenix.   Many months ago, I placed a long
worked on project called Jesktop inside jakarta-avalon-cornerstone's CVS
as a "demo" application for Avalon-Phoenix.  I then did quite a bit more
work on it.   I think it may have been a bit of a mistake. Despite
continued interest in Jesktop ( I get a private email once a week asking
"how do I download it"), it is essentially stagnating there as I am
sidetracked with Enterprise Object Broker and AltRMI (and would be with
AvalonDB if I had time).

*Proposal*

I'm proposing moving it off jakarta CVS and onto sourceforge, where
committers can be added at will without the faux-pas of access to
Avalon's huge codebase.  The reason I am asking here is that it is
taking code away from Apache.  It will still be Apache licensed and
could well *come back one day* (when community is proven and assuming it
is not still alien in principle).

The BSD licensed API is already at sourceforge:
http://jesktop.sourceforge.net/
The multiple non-Apache licensed ported applications are already at
sourceforge: http://jesktopapps.sourceforge.net/  (pictures speak 1000
words)

Regards,

- Paul H