Sam,

>>I would love
>>for Jesktop (impl) to remain at Apache as a top-level project, but a) it
>>is not in scope and b) suffers from the wel known catch-22 of having no
>>community yet.  I hope the rules change in teh future so I can bring it
>>back.
>>

>What rules do you want changed?

1) Apache considering that GUI apps are legitimate targets for ASF
attentions.
2) If jakarta is not the place, then a foundary for GUI apps/comps/tools

Perhaps I am foolish in that I think this is a forgone conclusion? (i.e.
will be voted down by jakarta-general for (1) and PMC for (2) )

>Warning: that's a trick question.  If you want to take initiative and move
>jesktop to sourceforge, you will ultimately be successful.  If you want to
>take initiative and build a community for jesktop here within Apache, you
>will ultimately be successful.  If you want to take initiative and work to
>get a rule changed you will ultimately be successful.
>
>The only think you will find that you don't have control over is the number
>of hours in a day.

Three assertions - a, b & c.  (a) true, (b) subject to project-status
and 1 above, (c) subject to 2 above.

You really think there is a real possibility to stay here and flourish?

- Paul