sebb wrote:
> I find the current NOTICE rather misleading - it looks as though the
> whole of JCS is licensed under a Xerox licence.
>
> I think it's therefore important to fix this.

>From re-reading the NOTICE file, I agree with you. My proposal to solve
this is the following:

---8<---
Apache Jakarta JCS
Copyright 2001-2007 The Apache Software Foundation.
Portions Copyright (c) Xerox Corporation 1998-2001.

This product includes software developed at Xerox Corporation which has
been published under the following license:
---
Copyright (c) Xerox Corporation 1998-2001.  All rights reserved.

Use and copying of this software and preparation of derivative works
based upon this software are permitted.  Any distribution of this
software or derivative works must comply with all applicable United
States export control laws.

This software is made available AS IS, and Xerox Corporation makes no
warranty about the software, its performance or its conformity to any
specification.
---

---8<---

Could we agree on this version?