On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:25:34 +0100 Wernfried Haas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 01:51:25AM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > There is currently no explanation as to why this GLEP should be
| > chosen over ChrisWhite's 42. I will add such a section if anyone
| > requests it.
| Any reason why you chose bashing Chris' GLEP in another mail and start
| your own instead of working together and bringing your input for 42?

Yup. I already had most of my GLEP written, and I don't see anything in
ChrisWhite's list of vagueness worth using. Besides, there's nothing
wrong with multiple competing GLEPs on an issue.

| I miss references to the old log ewarn issue, which really should be
| solved as well while we're at it.

Separate concern.

| There are some good ideas in your GLEP, so are some in Chris'. No good
| is coming from having two similar GLEPs around at the same
| time. So please don't waste our time [1] by having two more or less
| redundant GLEPs discussed.

It's my view that ChrisWhite's GLEP is a complete waste of space, given
that it doesn't contain an actual proposal. I see no point in using it.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm