On Monday 14 of January 2008 02:24:53 Mark Loeser wrote:
> Here is a newer revision of the GLEP.  I still have multiple methods of
> solving this problem (mostly because I want and *need* input from people
> as to what they would prefer).  Please tell me what you would want to
> use so I can come up with a more precise specification.  What exactly do
> we need this system to do that we can't do now?  Is overriding the USE
> flag with use.local.desc sufficient and we just need to document the
> current solution properly?
>
> Please...let me know how you feel about this.

Tbh, I don't have any issues with the current solution, but I may be missing
something. "Rationale" doesn't seem to help though, afaics it is just saying
that the current behaviour  needs to be documented and fwiw PMS draft covers
this already:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~spb/pms.pdf - section 3.4.3

> http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/gleps/glep-0054.html

Please, don't use an already assigned GLEP number, it's a bit confusing. Note
that 55 is taken as well.

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Jaroszyński