On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 17:00 -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
> My expectation is that `grep "flag" use.local.desc` will give me a
> list of packages using that flag (or having it in the description),
> one per line. Putting paragraphs in there doesn't seem right.

A single long line still fills this "requirement" for us.  However, it
does bring up the point.  Why even have use.local.desc (or
metadata.xml's <use> tag) at all?  Is there really a need for a *global*
list of flags that are ebuild-specific?  (I don't care or have much
opinion, either way, I'm merely presenting some topic for discussion on
this.)

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead