Donnie Berkholz wrote:
On 20:11 Mon 04 Feb     , Jonas Bernoulli wrote:
Thinking about it again I would say tags and categories just fulfill
different purposes. Tags can not replace categories but might be a
useful extension to categories for the tasks I described, not more not
less. They are not better or worse, just different:)

Why don't you think they can replace categories?

For example:
# eix -e fuse
* app-emulation/fuse

* dev-java/fuse [1]

* sys-fs/fuse

Also imagine all those packages sorted into subdirs just by first character of the name (because having them all in one huge dir would be murder), yuck :)

--
Vlastimil Babka (Caster)
Gentoo/Java