Richard Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> posted 49e3d8dc.7090...@gentoo.org,
excerpted below, on  Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:29:16 -0400:

> It does seem a bit odd to ask somebody to imitate the emerge formatting
> of the output just to say that it matches.  If somebody wants to create
> a script to do it they can post it online so that everybody who cares
> can run it and not have to look at evil paludis output...  :)

Actually, such a script was my first thought as well.  I could envision
particularly cranky bug wranglers closing bugs as NEEDINFO, linking the
script and saying reopen when the requested output is provided.

That's certainly not being particularly cooperative, but a flat "we won't
implement it ourselves" isn't being particularly cooperative either, and
this would be one way I could see particularly cranky bug wranglers
handling it.

But having the script for bug wranglers to use is certainly more user
friendly, and changing the formatting to put the familiar stuff all
together in one spot, preferably top of the output, would be wrangler
friendly as well. =:^)