Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
This isn't a usability request. Making the "use paludis --info cat/pkg"
text stand out more was a usability request, and I was happy to make
that change. This is a few noxious trolls whining in an attempt to cause
trouble.

For those who have concerns with the paludis output - is there anything present in emerge --info that the paludis output omits? I'd see that as a completely legitimate concern.

Also - if a better way of organizing the paludis output would make it easier to find what you're looking for I'd think that would be a constructive piece of criticism.

It does seem a bit odd to ask somebody to imitate the emerge formatting of the output just to say that it matches. If somebody wants to create a script to do it they can post it online so that everybody who cares can run it and not have to look at evil paludis output... :)

Now, if were were talking about data that was an input to some kind of automated routine then that would be a different story. However, in that case we might start by xmlifying it or something...