Rémi Cardona wrote:
> Le 01/09/2009 00:12, Mounir Lamouri a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> As you should know, GLEP 23 [1] introduced USE flags conditions in
>> LICENSE variable and || operator in addition of licenses groups and
>> ACCEPT_LICENSE variable.
>>
>> [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0023.html
>
> /me still thinks LICENSE should be informational _at_best_. Users who
> rely on LICENSE to build an FSF-approved system will simply be mislead.
>
> If we want to support this sort of things properly, we should have a
> treewide license audit. Anything short of that will just be a
> disservice to our users.
I don't think your argument is valid. LICENSE is not informational so we
have to deal with it and as GLEP-23 has an issue, we should fix it. I
know even with this feature building a free-only system with
ACCEPT_LICENSE will not be easy but the tree cleaning or anything else
is a next step. Let's focus on what we can do now and what I propose is
clearly doable and it will not break anything.

--
Mounir