> It's just impossible to choose perfect location that suits all needs and
> it should stay user-configurable. So again, do not change this default
> we no real need another time, please.

/usr/local is a bad choice for an ebuild-generated default. Like I said in bug
#253725 I don't want ebuilds to mess with stuff in /usr/local. So either remove
this default completely and let the user decide when setting up layman or move
it around.
The best suggestions I've read here for now were either /var/layman or
/usr/layman which I would have no problem with.

--
Lars Wendler (Polynomial-C)
Gentoo Staffer and bug-wrangler