On 4 March 2010 08:08, Joshua Saddler<nightmo...@gentoo.org>  wrote:
Your logic is very thin here. By that same line of reasoning, neither are the
gtk or qt flags, since you don't need 'em if you're building, say, a *box
desktop.
Toolkits are more directly useful to a desktop than printing.

Printing is something I'd argue is part of a desktop environment.
And I'd argue it isn't necessarily so.

Cheers,

Sounds like your argument is more like a opinion. I built my desktop about 6 years ago and the next thing bought after the build was a printer. I use it daily. I'm 42 so I don't have access to a "free" printer at a school or some public printer. Everyone here charges by the page so it is much cheaper for me to own my own printer.

Removing the cups USE flag still doesn't fix the problem I pointed out in another reply. If you unpack the tarball and set the USE line as you should, the circular dependency is still there. Correct? So nothing is "fixed" by doing this.

Dale

:-)  :-)