On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 2:36 AM, Ben de Groot <yng...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 5 March 2010 21:51, Maciej Mrozowski <reave...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If no, I can split off utils from poppler - with CMake it's effortless.
>
> We just rejoined the split poppler into one package again. So if you
> are going to split it up again, you will have some explaining to do to
> our users. I would like to prevent splitting, and see if we can fix maybe
> the cups ebuild instead.

There's nothing wrong with back-tracking on decisions if they seem to
cause problems. For instance, the mozilla herd has done a lot of
flip-flop on the system/internal sqlite issue, and we explained the
reasons to our users[1] and they agreed that it was useful, and a good
decision.

If it turns out there is no easier way of properly fixing this, we may
have to split poppler-utils out from poppler. In this regard, I like
how people like Maciej are spending efforts to solve the problem in
new ways (PDEPEND, etc)

1. http://is.gd/9O3k2

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan