On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Ben de Groot <yng...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Would it be possible to make cups a PDEPEND in gtk+ or is it really
> needed at compile time?

cups is definitely needed at compile-time

> The same for cups: can we make poppler a PDEPEND? Maciej, did
> you get any further with looking into that?
>

>From what I can see in cups-1.3.11, pdftops is purely a runtime
dependency. The configure flags enable code that doesn't need pdftops
at compile-time. Infact, poppler[utils] is in pure RDEPEND to reflect
that. So in total, I think it can be moved to PDEPEND.

This change should be made to all ebuilds; not just the latest ~arch
since people do install stable ;p

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team