On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 01:18:14PM +0200, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
> On 10/29/10 1:03 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
> > 1) I want to drop the warning message located on profile.bashrc files
> > e.g $PORTDIR/default/linux/amd64/10.0/server/profile.bashrc
> > It is more than obvious what this profile is for so I don't think this
> > message makes any sense.
>
> > ewarn "This profile has not been tested thoroughly and is not considered to
> > be"
> > ewarn "a supported server profile at this time.  For a supported server"
>
> The above is definitely not obvious. Is this documented in any other place?
This is there for years. You think that anyone is working on that in
order to verify whether it is a *stable* server profile or not? I use it
since the very beginning on my servers and I say that it works!

> > ewarn "the software being used on the server. This profile should also be
> > used"
> > ewarn "if you require GCC 4.1 or Glibc 2.4 support. If you don't know if
> > this"
>
> That too.

I use the latest stable for GCC+Glibc and never had an issue. Maybe some
people are confusing the server profiles with the hardened one?

> By the way, I think there was some way to mark a profile as
> "development", "unsupported", or something like that.
It's been in this state for years so I do not expect someone to actually
working on that

--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer