Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> > One of major problems with this tinderbox is that it cannot be
> > used to test packages against newer versions of packages present
> > in overlays [1]
>
> Which is not a problem since we're _not_ talking about packages
> in overlays but of a bump in the main tree which is not fixed.

Um, so how come an overlay isn't the obvious method for testing,
before putting things in the main tree? What other method is *more*
convenient for testing?

Hell, I am *not* a developer exactly *because* overlays are so
convenient.

> Really, I would like to ask you to step off of the discussion, you've
> proven yourself incapable to work within the constraint of the tree
> already a long time ago.

Diego, I would like to ask you to step off Arfrever.

Try for a second to appreciate the time he has contributed and from
the sound of it continues to contribute, even if he does not use the
methods that you would have made him use if you were paying his
salary.

You're sounding like a complete ass in this thread, and I don't see
the point of that at all. I expect that you're better than that.

Especially snapping back at him with some unrelated bull personal
remark when he points out what seems to me to be a very legitimate
shortcoming of your darling baby is not especially excellent.

Maybe it would have been possible for you to reply something like
"yes, that would be a cool feature actually, if you send me a perfect
patch I'll be happy to deploy it" or "well, I don't see the point in
doing that, but if it would help you then send me a perfect patch and
I'll be happy to deploy it" instead.

I guess you see how such an answer would have communicated something
different from the answer that you chose.

//Peter