On 29/10/2012 14:37, Anthony G. Basile wrote:

> Anyhow, the question really remains, how to "deeply" test this package
> before adding it to the tree even ~arch?

a) check that there is nothing depending on =${oldver} — if there is,
notify maintainer;
b) check the documentation to see if there is something extremely
obvious that will break (with icu unfortunately that doesn't happen);
c) try to get betas and rcs in asap _but masked_;
d) call for a tinderbox run (I can do that with a quick email);

In this case all should have stopped at a) since libreoffice-bin has a
=49* dep, for obvious reasons.

Since there was no hurry of security issues to get icu-50 in, I don't
see why this was all forced through -50_rc without giving time to the
_one_ package that was using an older version to update.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/