On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Alexis Ballier <aball...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:07:15 -0700
> Diego Elio Pettenò <flamee...@flameeyes.eu> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> d) call for a tinderbox run (I can do that with a quick email);
>
> For that part, I think everyone would benefit from an official
> tinderbox, infra-hosted and with a documented interface; not everyone
> has the horsepower to build libreoffice or run boost's test suite.
> It is also probably not obvious to everyone that one should ask you for
> help, or even what is eligible for a tinderbox run (I remember you
> refused when I asked you to make a tinderbox run for ffmpeg).
>
> It would also save you the electricity bill and, being official, rants
> about how bugs are filled.

Luckily I'm not paying the electricity bill of the new tinderbox.

As for the rest, yes I'd welcome an official one as well, the problem
is that there really isn't an "interface". Every time I spoke about
building one, the answer has been "$project will make it
obsolete/useless" (be it somebody else's personal project, or a GSoC
one).

The whole code is open, I'll try to find some more time to document it
over the week as I discussed with Brian, maybe that can help.

Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/