On Wed, 29 May 2013 19:22:32 -0500
William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > For the same reason we have all the other eselect modules.
>
> We could probably also turn gcc-config into an eselect module if we
> want to use that argument.

Looking at Duncan's reply, that has already happened in the past.

Really, think about it, why do we have all those eselect modules at all?
Why be inconsistent and not introduce one here? Why keep them around?

Well, the answer is simple:

Remember that eselect init is optional and an opt-in by emerging it,
this is in no way suggested anywhere to become a default on all systems.

If you don't want it, fine, but that doesn't stop us from pursuing it...

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D