On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Matt Turner <matts...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 1:46 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
> <wlt...@o-sinc.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 13:26:26 -0800
>> Matt Turner <matts...@gentoo.org> wrote:

>>> You did already evade a mailing list ban.
>>
>> If your talking about on -nfp in 2008. It was a ban that should never
>> have happened in the first place. It surely made nothing better.
>
> Sorry. I think I was confusing a number of irritating things you've
> done: email spoofing, doing whatever you did to get banned from
> GitHub, and then that time ten years ago that you evaded a mailing
> list ban. My apologies.

If you want to actually get banned from Gentoo you need to do a LOT
worse than that stuff.  People seem to assume that the worst they've
seen somebody behave on a public mailing list is the worst they've
ever behaved anywhere.  People are generally on their best behavior in
public.

The sorts of things I've seen people get banned from Gentoo for are
the sorts of things that would get just about anybody fired from any
large business.  While I wasn't as much of an insider in the days of
yore as I've been in recent years, my general sense has been that
things weren't very different back then.

--
Rich