On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 7:21 PM Robin H. Johnson <robb...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> It had 3 states however:
> a) go ahead and touch it, no additional approvals needed
> b) please get a maintainer to approve it
> c) do not touch it

++

Though to be fair b is really no different from what just about
anybody can do via a pull request.  I don't think most maintainers are
going to be hovering between a vs c.  I suspect most are going to be
divided between a vs b.  I guess I could see an argument for c if some
package is really finicky and tends to get a lot of repetitive
requests for changes that won't work for reasons that might not be
obvious, but I'm not sure if that is really a concern.

--
Rich