Hello,

I want my Epia VIA board to act as a network appliance that produces
music.

Using GNAP, I can make a disk image on a CF from which the board boots.
Works out-of-the-box !!

When I exchange the CF with a regular harddisk, I can install Gentoo
with ALSA and it plays music (following
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml).
Now I want the board to boot from CF with ALSA enabled. I can see that
during booting with the GNAP kernel, my sound interface is recognized.
So I don't have to modify the kernel.
Am I correct in assuming that the driver for my sound interface is
compiled as module?

So I guess that the 'only' thing I have to do is make an extension out
of ALSA and use gnap_remaster to create a new, customized core.
I have not used gnap_remaster before, but what I read from the manual,
it should not be too hard.

However, I have no clue of what files need to be included for ALSA...
The ALSA guide emerges the 'alsa-utils'. It then uses 'alsaconf' (if the
sound interface is a module) and adds a service to start at boot. It
also uses 'alsamixer' to unmute the sound interface and set mixer
values.
How do I find out what files I need for the GNAP extension?

Does anyone have experience in this area?

Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Marcel Romijn

-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to