Marcel Romijn wrote:

> I used genkernel, with the --minkernpackage and --modulespackage
> options, to create a kernel.tar.bz2 and modules.tar.bz2. This has
> support for ALSA and my sound interface. With gnap_remaster I created a
> new core.
> 
> However, since I did not have my setup ready for CF, I tested it by
> using gnap_overlay to create an ISO. Booting from the ISO resulted in
> the following:
> 
>>>Mounting squashfs filesystem
> mount: Mounting /newroot/mnt/cdrom/livecd.squash on /newroot/mnt/livecd
> failed: No such device

Maybe your kernel lacks squashfs support ?

> How can I emerge alsa-utils in such a way that I know which files it
> pulled down?
> If I just do an 'emerge alsa-utils', the files will end up in my
> development environment. Is there a way to isolate where the emerged
> files end up? Is it a chroot trick?

The "ebuild" command is your friend. For example :

ebuild /usr/portage/app-whatever/whatever-2.0.ebuild install

will unpack, compile, and prepare installation for whatever-2.0. The
image containing all the files will be located in :

/var/tmp/portage/whatever-2.0/install

-- 
Koon
-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to