> -----Original Message-----
> From: Thierry Carrez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: Tuesday, 30 August, 2005 9:32
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Network appliance with sound
> 
> > 
> > However, since I did not have my setup ready for CF, I tested it by
> > using gnap_overlay to create an ISO. Booting from the ISO 
> resulted in
> > the following:
> > 
> >>>Mounting squashfs filesystem
> > mount: Mounting /newroot/mnt/cdrom/livecd.squash on 
> /newroot/mnt/livecd
> > failed: No such device
> 
> Maybe your kernel lacks squashfs support ?

That might be the case...
Maybe instead of using my own kernel configuration, I should take it the
other way around: start off with the kernel sources and kernel
configuration that GNAP uses and add ALSA and my sound interface.

Can you give me a pointer to where the GNAP kernel configuration is?

I used the gentoo kernel sources... Are they the same as the sources
used for the GNAP kernel?

> 
> 
> The "ebuild" command is your friend. For example :
> 
> ebuild /usr/portage/app-whatever/whatever-2.0.ebuild install
> 
> will unpack, compile, and prepare installation for whatever-2.0. The
> image containing all the files will be located in :
> 
> /var/tmp/portage/whatever-2.0/install

That looks very interesting...!

Marcel Romijn

-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to