On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:39:51PM -0500, Phil Barnett wrote:
> On Thursday 20 February 2003 6:36 am, Henti Smith wrote:
>
>> then fork the gentoo base and make your own distro with "service" in
>> at the moment you are just complaining and not interrested in doing
>> work, but expecting everybody else to do it because you want it.
>
> Ok, we'll burn down the barn to get rid of the rats. What a good idea.
> This seems a rather draconian way to get a service script into a
> distro, but I guess I'll have to take my lumps.

I believe he was refering to the fact that Gentoo is "meta-distribution"
and is set up in a way that each user is basically running their own
separate fork, customized to their needs.

Things like that get added to Gentoo itself when some random user
decides post a bug report over on bugzilla.  It would probably have more
of a chance of being accepted if an ebuild was created by that person
(or anyone) too, so that developers could just rubber-stamp it.
--
Tyler Trafford