Carlos,

You seemed to miss my point completely. I did not mean that an easier
installer would dumb gentoo down.

Making a CD of binaries issued every 6 months, and rejecting the portage
system would be missing a large part of what makes gentoo so interesting.

Gentoo gives you more control over what is on your system, as well as allow
you to compile it specifically for your hardware.

If you need a CD of binaries use redhat. Why convert gentoo into a redhat
clone?

Now if you wanted to make a new bianary distribution for enterprise based on
the current gentoo, well go for it and good luck.

I am not offended and do not feel you came on too strong. I just think you
missed my entire point.

- -- Robert Spahr

- --

Robert Spahr