The code I think is not the problem. But I think it is still a lot of work.
By the way I don't like C too much (we had a C Version once and only
encountered problems all the time :-( Buffer overflows and all this nice
stuff is a big problem of this language!)

Maybe a C Fan is reading this and likes to do it.

I started as a Assembler Programmer on the Atari ST (68000 Rulez!!!)
But all this is too much effort. Purebasic has a very syntax and for a basic
dialect a very good performance.