further questions / info.

Seems PureBasic is a direct dependency for all programs "compiled" with
it. They will probably use the shared library which comes with
PureBasic.

I wonder ...
There is a static library amongst the PureBasic binary too. Maybe
PureBasic "compiles" the way VisualBasic up to version 5 did. Making a
data block from the source leaving the source itself intact, linking a
library with a small starting code (the interpreter) letting the
executable interpreting the data block inside itself.

... that would stand for real speed ... interpreting ...

Further 0,02$
Frank