J. Roeleveld wrote:
>> There are some options with smartctl you could try to force the drive
>> to swap that bad sector with a spare one. A full disk read could also
>> force that. Eg. Try ' dd if=/dev/sdc of=/dev/null '. But, I usually
>> order a replacement when Smart tests start throwing errors. I know
>> 3TB is a lot for you to have to backup, but it's also a lot of data
>> to loose... -- Joost

I just don't have anything to put the data on.  I been saying I was
going to get me a backup drive but hadn't yet.  Looks like I better
order one unless someone pops on and says this is normal and OK, sort of
doubting that will happen tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!